Monday, November 29, 2010

Phoebe needs to vent!

Hi all, Some of you will know that the reason I haven't been blogging so much is that I am a student now. So I find myself in a rented house during term time, and guess what? Yes it's an old house, that has been covered in cement and is about to fall apart. Today I just met my land lady's trusted builder. Cue conversation along the lines of: no damp proof course, dry lining, the brick is the problem and those old chimneys shouldn't be in use, they let in all the water. (Incidently the fire is our only heating) It isn't in my nature to hold back, but my suggestion that the problem is caused by the cement just fell on deaf ears. Arrgh! Frustration! This old cottage which really should be listed is crumbling behind the facade. Thanks for listening. Stay warm, and keep spreading the word about lime!